Foxit Reader is a free PDF document viewer, with incredible small size, breezing-fast launch speed and rich feature set. Foxit Reader supports Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista. Its core function is compatible with PDF Standard 1.7.
In the past, you had to download a huge PDF reader from another software company, go through a lengthy installation process and wait for an annoying splash window to disappear just to open a PDF document. Moreover, if you want to annotate a PDF document, you have to pay US$299 to buy certain software.
Now with Foxit Reader, you do not have to endure such pain any more. The following is a list of compelling advantages of Foxit Reader:
* Incredibly small: The download size of Foxit Reader is just a fraction of Acrobat Reader 20 M size.
* Breezing-fast: When you run Foxit Reader, it launches instantly without any delay. You are not forced to view an annoying splash window displaying company logo, author names, etc.
* Annotation tool: Have you ever wished to annotate (or comment on) a PDF document when you are reading it? Foxit Reader allows you to draw graphics, highlight text, type text and make notes on a PDF document and then print out or save the annotated document.
* Text converter: You may convert the whole PDF document into a simple text file.
* High security and privacy: Foxit Reader highly respects the security and privacy of users and will never connect to the Internet without users' permission. While other PDF readers often silently connect to the Internet in the background. Foxit PDF Reader does not contain any spyware.
* Enticing Multimedia Design
* Attachment Panel
* Thumbnail Panel
* Layout Panel
* Metric Unit Support
* Auto-scrolling with Middle Mouse Button
* Awe-Inspiring Foxit OnDemand Content Management
* Firefox Support
* Improved Select Text Tool
* Enhanced Print Setup
* Better Annotation Control
* Advanced Toolbar Control
* Better Permission Control
* Improved Upgrade Mode
* Improved Popup Note
* Enhanced Shortcut Keys Input
* Transferrable preferences Settings
* Many Bug Fixes
* To select "Check for Updates", please go to Help > Check for Updates Now > click "Preferences" in the Foxit Reader Updates dialog box > select "Automatically check for Foxit updates". Please note that this option is selected by default.
* To install Foxit Toolbar or eBay shortcut icon, you can either install one of them in Installation Wizard when you install Foxit Reader or download them in Foxit Reader Updates dialog box.
Changelog for this release:
# Supports the viewing of PDF documents that are embedded inside HTML, giving users many advantages and flexibility when viewing PDF files. Also, reading a PDF in an HTML page operates the same as any other PDF document viewed in Foxit Reader. The same tool bar options are available in all PDF documents