FireDaemon is a system utility that allows you to install and run any 32-bit or 64-bit application (EXE or DLL) or script (BAT CMD, .NET, Perl, Java, Python, TCL TK) as a Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 2008 or 7 service. FireDaemon enables complete configuration of the installed service, which can be completed from the GUI or via XML. Among its key features is a low memory and CPU overhead, subprocess prioritization, support for custom environments, CPU binding, plus monitoring and logging to the event log and on-disk log files. FireDaemon provides maximum uptime for particular applications, securing them against accidental crashes or intentional shutdowns. A program, setup as a service, runs in the background all the time, regardless of who is or is not logged in.
This can be useful for certain programs, such as network management or business productivity software, that you would like running all the time. Another benefit is the ability to run as a specific local or domain user. Added to this is the ability to configure a service to run for specific periods of time during the day, week or month. This considerably simplifies systems administration and management. FireDaemon additionally allows you to edit all built-in Windows services, effectively allowing you to replace the Windows Service applet (services.msc). FireDaemon is skinnable - allowing you to change buttons, icons and text strings.
* Run any application as a Windows service.
* Edit the properties of any built in Windows service.
* Simple service configuration via intuitive GUI, CLI or XML all in one product.
* Simple to integrate into Active Directory and Windows Server Clusters.
* Comprehensive logging and debugging.
* Broad service monitoring and failure recovery options.
* Negligible memory and CPU consumption.
* Subprocess prioritisation and job grouping.
* CPU binding on multi-CPU / multi-core systems.
* Interactive service support and facilitates access access to isolated Session 0 services.
* Scheduling and auto pop-up closing.
* Setup custom environment variables.
* Integrates with standard Service Control Manager Recovery options.
* Ability to theme FireDaemon with your own icons, graphics and text.
* Powerful alternative to freeware tools such as srvany.
* Alternative to the Windows Services applet (services.msc) and integrates with other standard Windows management tools.
* Support for all recent Microsoft 32-bit and 64-bit Operating Systems (XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 7).
* Runs on all virtualized operating systems (eg. VMware, Hyper-V, Virtual PC, Parallels, Xen)
* Community oriented fanatical technical support.
* Extensive documentation including FAQs and HOWTOs.
Changelog for this release:
[N] Apply button in New/Edit Service dialog
[I] Additional logging when service is "hot" updated
[I] Graceful Shutdown now sends WM_CLOSE to top level of application only then attempts to catch popups
[I] Better detection of VC++ runtime during installation
[I] Manual updates and corrections
[F] Restart at scheduled time did not restart if the time was changed
[F] CLI XML export did not export user credentials
[F] CLI XML import did not import stderr/stdout redirection options from Fusion correctly
Intel/AMD CPU 1.4Ghz, 512MB RAM, 40GB HDD