File and Folder Watcher continuously monitors one or more folders for new files. When new files arrive, File and Folder Watcher then triggers a custom action, such as running a second program with the new files. This can be used to:
* Process incoming FTP files
* Automatically distil PDF files
* Data mine incoming files with TextPipe Pro, also from DataMystic
* Process email attachments when they are saved to disk
* Load new files into a database
* Quickly and easily trigger business processes when files are created
Files are only processed when they have finished being written to disk - so huge video files will not be processed prematurely.
Incoming files can be processed individually, or grouped together.
File Watcher can process only those files that match a filespec (e.g. '*.txt;*.html') and ignore all other files that might arrive at the same time. It can also watch multiple folders at the same time (subfolders are handled with a checkbox).
File Watcher can also prevent triggering new actions while an old action is still running.
File Watcher can be configured to watch for new files, updates and deletes, or any combination of the these.
Changelog for this release:
* New [Test] button to test your action script.
* New ability to run a command if no files arrives in a given timeframe (e.g. no file after 60 minutes, 12 hours etc), so you can check for errors in your process.
* %FILE% can now be included in the Command name, so if the new file arriving is an executable file you can run it.
* New HTML Help file - searchable, more info.
30 days trial