Enhanced file and folder selector library (file browser component) for the Win32 platform. It is call compatible with comdlg32.dll.
It's purpose is to provide the most powerful user-friendly file and folder selection options and simple file managament tools for the session.
- You can use all your existing comdlg32.dll calls, just call the according functions accordingly
- Can give back multiple files from different folders (that comdlg32.dll can't) for example when loading multiple recent documents
- Option to call the dialogs like normal forms (without modal mode, and the user can continue their work while browsing - this is the prefered mode)
- All window/column position/size & sorting settings are saved for every application and/or the user can choose to always use his/her favorite dialog settings
- Very hiqh quality multi threaded thumbnail mode (that supports much more formats then the Windows dialog, and displays audio, HTML, text files too)
- Option to cache the thumbnails on a per folder basis (like the Windows's Thumbs.db just with a little bit better quality and with audio file support)
- If bass.dll is found audio thumbnails are generated from all formats that BASS supports
- FreeImage.dll is supported also (adds many more formats)
- Recent document list on a per-application basis available with one click
- Recent folder list, available with one click
- Customizable favorite folders list
- Implements by far the best folder selector (with the same recent and favorite list)
- Automatically decodes URL encoded filanames, underscores
- Viewer for pictures/images/video & an integrated web browser for the rest of the files (secondary display viewer mode -for dual display setups)
- Option to display custom file information for every file
- Fully unicode
Delphi component and VC++ example included, VB, C# or any dev. environment that supports the stdcall calling convention.
Commercial usage needs a license.