Fast Duplicate File Finder FREEWARE will help you find fast all duplicate files in a folder and its sub folders. The application will compare the content of your files so it will find duplicates even if they are using different file names. The Proofessional version can even find similar files regardless of their file types. It will analyze the content of the files in order to find similar files and not just file attributes like name and size as the standard duplicate file finders do.
The duplicate remover uses fast binary comparison algorithm and has internal preview supporting a lot of image, video, music and text file formats. You can also preview the files in binary mode.
When the scan process is finished the program shows you all the found duplicate files in groups and can automatically mark the older files for deletion. The auto mark algorithm has advanced settings to exclude from auto mark files with user specified extensions, file sizes, file dates and file names. You can also set which folders you want to exclude from the auto mark. There is an option to protect system files and folders which is recommended to be turned on.
* Find DUPLICATE files or find SIMILAR files in user specified folders, hard drives, computers or entire networks
* Fast binary comparison algorithm
* Internal preview supporting images, videos, music, text and binary files
* Older files can be automatically marked for deletion
* Duplicate files can be moved to Recycle Bin, custom folder or deleted permanently
* Support for all kinds of removable media - usb drives, diskettes etc.
* Has intuitive interface and rich documentation
* Process priority settings that will let the application scan in your computers IDLE time
* Protection for system files and folders that will prevent damages to your system files
* Automatically locate duplicate files in Windows Explorer
* Open file with associated program
* Powerful filter and exclude from auto-check options
* Multi-language file system support
# Operating system: Windows 7/Vista/XP/NT/ME/2000/2003/98
# CPU: Pentium-233 MHz or higher
# 128 MB RAM
# 5 MB free hard disk space
# True Color display and video card
# Mouse or other pointing device