Free digital transcription software for typists - Express Scribe is professional audio playback control software designed to assist the transcription of audio recordings. It is installed on the typist's computer and can be controlled using the keyboard (with 'hot' keys) and/or foot pedals. This computer transcriber application features variable speed playback, foot pedal operation, file management and more. This program is free.
~ Ability to play compressed wav or dct files.
~ Variable speed (constant pitch) playback.
~ Can use computer rudder pedals (or some other specialist transcription pedals) to control playback.
~ Ability to Dock portable recorders to load recordings.
~ Uses systemwide HotKeys so you can control playback when using other software (eg. Microsoft Word).
~ Automatically receives and loads files by internet (FTP), email or over a local computer network.
~ Automatically sends typing to the person who dictated the work.
~ Express Scribe is free.
* Variable speed playback (constant pitch).
* Supports many professional foot pedals which connect to the game, serial or USB port to control playback. More info...
* Uses 'hot' keys to control playback when using other software (eg. Word).
* Ability to dock both analog and digital portable recorders to load recordings.
* Works with Microsoft Word and all major word-processor applications.
* Automatically receives and loads files by internet (FTP), email or over a local computer network.
* Automatically sends typing to the person who dictated the work.
* Works with speech recognition software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking to automatically convert speech to text.
* Loads CD audio directly - start to work as it loads in the background.
* Can switch to 'mini' mode to reduce screen space.
* Integrate with dictation management systems using the Express Scribe SDK.
* Works with FastFox typing utility to turn difficult medical/legal phrases and common terms into mere shortcuts from your keyboard.
* Express Scribe is free.
Sound Card, speakers or headset