ExcelPipe is a mass search and replace tool designed to ease the editing of hundreds or thousands of spreadsheets when they all need changing, such as changing an organization's phone number, address, web site, CEO etc.
ExcelPipe takes ALL the hard work out of replacing text across multiple Microsoft Excel spreadsheets. Just imagine - next time your organization changes its phone number, address, web site or CEO - just run ExcelPipe across your file server or website to fix all affected spreadsheets in one hit. Translators can use ExcelPipe's grid to define multiple search/replace pairs.
Use it for
* Standardizing corporate name changes such as your organization's phone number, address, web site or CEO
* Performing server consolidations where document links need updating
* Server renaming or replacement where document links need updating
* Updating documents to use Microsoft Namespace Server mappings
* Changing part numbers or SKUs across multiple files
* Translating documents
* and much more.
* No limit on the number of spreadsheets processed - use it across an entire file server or web server
* Translators can import search/replace lists from Excel, CSV- or Tab-delimited files
* Easy to use with integrated online help
* Supports the same search and replace options as Microsoft Excel, plus much more
* Stand-alone - doesn't integrate directly with Excel so it doesn't destabilize your installation
* Update documents to use Microsoft Namespace Server mappings
* Translations are available for other languages
* Can search/replace inside Chart Titles and Defined Names
* Can change the path of embedded OLE and DDE links to databases and other sources.
* Unicode search and replace
* Search-Only mode
* Search and replace with all Excel's options such as Match Case, Whole Cell/Partial Cell etc, plus more.
* Handles any number of sub folders
* Search and replace inside hyperlink addresses
* Search and replace UNC link paths
* Search and replace inside shapes
* Search and replace inside built in document properties and custom properties such as Title, Subject, Author, Company etc
* Search and replace inside headers and footers
* Search and replace inside VBA Code Modules - even if protected with a password.
* Search and replace inside Sheet Names e.g. Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3
* Works with Windows SharePoint Services document libraries
* Fully Unicode compliant - search and replace international character sets (unlike competing products)
* Allows replacements to be longer than 255 characters (Microsoft Excel limits this to 255)
* Control the spreadsheet types used - so you can process .xls, or any custom spreadsheet type
* Can be automated or scheduled via the command line, and settings are saved in an easy-to-edit or generate XML format
* Handles password-protected spreadsheets - these get flagged for manual follow-up
* Read only documents can be processed or skipped
* Easy to install/uninstall
* The original file date and time stamp can be preserved.
Changelog for this release:
* Highlight color can now be set. Your color is matched to Excel 2003's standard 56 colors, or the actual color used with Excel 2007 and 2010.
* Status dialog now opens file on double-click of subsidiary search/replace phrases. Right-clicking on a filename or phrase now gives a menu to open the file, or its containing folder.
* Now can alter the Connection strings of Query Tables and Pivot Tables - ADO, DAO, OLEDB and ODBC database queries, Web queries etc.
Microsoft Excel 2007/Vista, 2003, 2002/XP, 2000 or higher