Source Code Editor
Includes a wealth of features such as macros, coding inserts, plugins, syntax highlighting for over 20 programming languages, and much more.
Includes coding tools such as language specific sidekicks and code builders, function / method navigators, program execution, and much more.
Web Development Tools
Includes web tools such as a CSS style builder and HTML tag builder, tag navigators, displaying web pages in a web browser, integration with local web servers, and much more.
Includes validators for XML, HTML, and CSS with one-click navigation to the line causing the error.
Includes search tools such as regular expression capable find and replace, and find / replace in files across the entire file system.
Auto Completion and Lookup
Includes auto code completion, auto tag completion, and auto lookup for many programming languages.
File System Browser
Browse files and directories in single-level or tree mode. Create, move, rename, copy, delete, files. Perform file operations such as head, tail, get section, and more.
Compares files similar to the Unix diff command.
* Syntax highlighting for over 20 programming languages
* A robust CSS Style Builder for creating CSS style sheets and an HTML Tag Builder, HTML Tidy Tool, and HTML Entity Selector
* CSS, HTML, and XML Validators
* The programming editor behind RazorSQL, a popular database query tool, since 2004
* Function / Method Navigators for displaying clickable lists of functions / methods contained in the editor
* Function / Method Lookup for quickly inserting functions or methods
* A Tag Navigator tool for displaying clickable lists of tags contained in the editor
* Key Ahead customizable by language for quickly entering text
* Bookmark functionality for quickly navigating through code.
* Recordable Macros for executing common tasks
* Code Inserts for over 19 languages for quickly inserting code
* A robust File System Browser
* File tools such as head, tail, regular expression search, move, copy, and delete
* Powerful Search Tools such as regular expression Find, Replace, Match Bracket, Match Tag, and Find / Replace in Files tools
* File Compare Tool for comparing files.
* Customizable and pre-defined code templates
* Spell Checker
* Works with all major operating systems including Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and Solaris.
Changelog for this release:
* Added Search API reference option for PHP, Perl, and Python
* Added API reference links for CSS, HTML, Java, Objective-C, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby
* Find in Files allows finding of text with line breaks
* Replace in Files allows replacing of text with line breaks
* Find / Replace in Open Editors now allows find / replacing text with line breaks
* Added an Objective-C compile option for Mac
* Added an Objective-C execute program option for Mac
* Added Objective-C syntax highlighting support
* Added an Objective-C Function / Method navigator
* Added an Objective-C Sidekick
* Added Objective-C code inserts
* Added Objective-C templates
* Added C and C++ code inserts
* Added Scala syntax highlighting support
* Added a Scala Function / Method navigator
* Added a Scala Sidekick
* Added Scala code inserts
* Added Scala templates
* Added COBOL code inserts and hello world template
* Added a COBOL coding mode (Code-Mode-Toggle COBOL Mode) that switches the behavior of the tab and enter key
* Added code inserts for Ada, ASP, Batch, and Groovy
* Added a compress files option to the file system browser for compressing files and directories in zip format
* Added Emacs keyboard shortcuts on the Mac for down, up, right, left, end of line and beginning of line
* Added a split file tool to the File System Browser and File - Tools menu to for splitting files into smaller files
* Added syntax highlighting auto detection for many language types
* Added a preference for whether to auto detect syntax highlighting
* Function keys can now be used as keyboard shortcuts
* Escape key can now be pressed to close most windows opened by EditRocket
* .plist files are now recognized as xml types
* Execute Program enhancements