ECMerge compares and merges local/FTP/SCC text/images/folders, side-by-side or 3-way.
It is designed for software engineers, web authors and other professionals who work with multiple revisions of text files or who need to keep multiple folder hierarchies in sync. Two text files or folders can be compared to a common ancestor: comparing entire source code branches can give assurance that every change introduced in a particular product release is known and understood. Save your work at intermediate situation and restart it later (full comparison status saved)! Define favourite comparisons as templates to launch them in one click or with the command line. Generates reports in Unix patch, XML and HTML format for Text, Images and Folder Comparisons. Displays Comparisons Statistics on the whole document, or the selected items. Provides syntax colouring for many languages. The integrated XML pretty-printing filter allows great comparisons for XML files, the equivalent output filter can compact the XML into one-line file. In-line differences at word or character level. A security distance can be specified for 3-way file merges so as to attract user attention during risked merges. Ignore lines matching a regular expression. Recursively compare and synchronize trees of folders and files to find the differences both in file presence and file contents, works between local directories or networked computers (Windows/Unix/MacOS). Deploy to FTP sites. Filter files/folders to be displayed in Folder comparison view, by name, date or status.
A shell extension is provided under Windows to select items to compare and launch ECMerge. Command line to merge files and generate reports from batches. Drag and drop of files/folders to be merged, list of recently used filenames. Can be used as a replacement of many SCC own merge tool, for better display of changes and more efficient merges. A Standard version limited to side-by-side comparison exists. Runs on Windows, Linux&Solaris.
Changelog for this release:
- Fixed bug n°424: when folders are not supported by protocol handler (simple HTTP), filtering does not work
- Fixed bug n°428: resolving should not be blocked by a missing source
- Fixed bug n°429: read_number function with on offset out of range might crash for a file in memory
- Fixed bug n°432: searching inside differences might crash for text and binary views
- Fixed bug n°433: when missing source folder is created as the result of output operations, result is OK but UI fails to show it
- Fixed bug n°434: when a match is found, binary diff fails to resynchronize correctly other views
- It is now possible to gain access to a Document object created inside ECMerge scripting engine (as a FHAxMergeDocument object), as well as a SourceDescription (as a FHAxMergeSource object)
- It is now possible to set options which expects a SourceDescription directly from the options() member. Use an FHAxMergeSource to do so.
IE 4.0 or later on Windows