You can load DVDs and quite any audio or video files and encode to quite any popular video formats: VCD/CVD/SVCD/DVD, Xvid/Divx, MPEG-4, H.264, AVC, Flash Video, iPod, Sony PSP, QuickTime, Ogg, WebM, AC.3, MP3, MP4/AAC, Lossless Audio, PCM, Vorbis etc.
DVDx 4.0 is very easy to use: open a DVD or file in the player, play it with audio/subtitle of your choice ; encode a short preview and play it to ensure it's what you expect, and then start the whole encoding job which can take about one hour but you're quiet sure to get a very good result!.
DVDx 4.0 is based on the most popular and powerful encoders: x264, MEncoder and FFmpeg. Its open-source code is written for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X platforms.
DVDx 4.0 makes all good choices for you: popular video and audio codecs and appropiate settings (for fair quality, high quality or smaller size files) but you can tune the encoder with your own preferred settings.
What can DVDx 4.0 do ?
1) Open and play a DVD or a audio/video file.
2) Choose the output format (iPod, PSP, Xvid/DivX, MKV, FLV, MP4, (S)VCD, DVD, ...).
3) Select audio and subtitle language, encode a short preview in a few seconds and play it to check that it provides it's exactly what you expect.
4) Start and monitor multiple encoding jobs.
You can encode to VCD, SVCD or Xvid/DivX just selecting the appropriate job in the menu. DVDx 4.0 does everything for you!
Why DVDx so powerful ?
DVDx 4.0 is based on powerful open-source encoders: MEncoder with libavcodecs, FFmpeg, x264 and vpxenc..
It uses popular tools such as MediaInfo, MPlayer, FFprobe, tsMuxer and MKVmerge.
You can run multiple jobs at once (assuming you run DVDx 4.0 on a powerful multi-core computer).
Is DVDx complying with copyright regulations ?
DVDx 4.0 has no DRM removal feature so it complies with any copyright regulation, avoiding to copy protect DVDs.
However, with libdvdcss add-on DVDx 4.0 can copy protected movies so it may not comply with several copyright regulation and you are required to check it for your own country.
Copy DVD and convert any audio/video file
- DVDx reads copy protected DVDs ( DeMacrovision and DeCSS.).
- DVDx reads DVD+VR and DVD-VR.
- DVDx reads VOB files.
- DVDx reads any audio-video files supported by FFmpeg/MEncoder..
Preview before encoding
- DVDx was the very first DVD copy software to provide preview before encoding.
- DVDx is still the only software to provide complete video+audio+subtitle preview.
- Because encoding takes from 30 minutes to 4 hours, WYSIWYG preview is one of the most important advantage of DVDx.
BulletDVDx complies with NTSC and PAL video standard
- All frame rates are supported: 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30 fps and automatic telecine is performed if necessary.
- Weird DVDs with changing frame rates and unregular NTSC telecine are supported.
BulletAudio track support
- DVDx provides high quality 48.0kHz to 44.1kHz conversion.
- You can copy AC3 Dolby audio track.
- Audio volume is adjustable.
- You can select one subtitle languages.
- DVDx preview shows you the output video before starting the whole encoding.