DSkinLite is a powerful library to help you develop the user interface program. It uses the xml file to manage the gdi resource such as font, color, image and cursor; and describes the window's appearance in xml file. Basis of the rule, you can describe abundant appearances.
The DskinLite doesn'the use method of hooking the message, and it just replaces the window procedure like the framework mfc or atl, and processes some messages such as WM_PAINT, WM_ERASEBKGND. So dskin is a lite library.
* It is a "lite" library, because it doesn't use the method of hook and just replace the window procedure like the SubclassWindow in MFC. So it has less influence to your application. And It will keep "lite" .
* It uses the xml file to define the gdi resource and describe how to skin a window, so you can construct more ui styles of control very easy. So it separates the interface from the program logic, you can change the skin of application easily.
* DSkinLite has own optimized image library to process image. The image library is more suitable for drawing, transparent and alpha blend. DSkinLite focuses on the times and the method of drawing,and have high-efficiency of paint .
* The element of painting is abstracted to line, text, rectangle, and image. You can use those items to"configure" a window's appearance in the xml.
* The DSkinLite bases on win 32 APIs, the so it doesn't depend on any framework.
* The adjustment of the hue and saturation. The You can adjust the skin's color smoothly.
* Support change skin at runtime, you can also use different style to skin the control at runtime.
* Support Unicode.
* Support the transparent control fully, it support all control include a child dialog to be transparent.
* Support the pop menu fully, include non-rectangle menu window.
* Support scrollbar of a window, and also support the standard window-scrollbars.