Make Microsoft Outlook faster, more stable and easier to backup with DetachPipe - the email attachment processor.
DetachPipedetaches email attachments, leaving a clickable hyperlink in place. You can specify a detach filename manually, or use filename placeholders to generate a new name automatically. DetachPipe identifies duplicate files, saving even more space! Just like a normal email, DetachPipe re-attaches the files when the email is forwarded, and offers to delete the files when the email is deleted. With DetachPipe you can save, delete, compress or re-attach attachments, and even set DetachPipe to detach incoming attachments or delete outgoing attachments. It has an AutoDetach mode where attachments over a given size and age are automatically detached every n days. Try It Today!
* Upload large attachments to simplify sharing and get around sender's and recipients' attachment size limitations
* Access attachments blocked by Outlook (.exe, .chm, and more)
* Retain the attachment icon on emails for sorting and display purposes
With DetachPipe you can either select which emails to process, or via DetachPipe's menu, choose a folder (and subfolders) to process.
You can filter attachments larger than a given size, or the email being older than a given number of days.
Attachments can be restored at any time (individually, by selection or by folder).
You have complete control over where DetachPipe stores attachments using the filename mask. By default, DetachPipe uses the complete Outlook path to determine where to save. You can also elect to store all folders in a flat structure, or use text like the subject, sender, date, filename and more.
* A clickable hyperlink to the attachment is left in each email
* Detach to the local machine or to UNC/Network paths (Pro only)
* Duplicate attachments are detected and only a single copy saved
* Large attachments can be uploaded to www.DetachPipe.com (optional account required)
* Process email bodies with TextPipe Pro to modify text, extract content or make arbitrary changes
* Attachment numbering is handled automatically (e.g. multiple attachments called resume.doc will be renamed to resume.doc, resume1.doc, resume2.doc etc)
* Attachments can be removed via the Recycle Bin for extra safety
* Process emails in any .PST file or in Public Folders
* Access blocked attachments - work around Outlook's incredibly annoying 'this attachment may be unsafe and has been blocked' message, because DetachPipe can still access the attachment regardless of Outlook's settings
* Your Virus scanning continues to take place on all opened emails - so your corporate infrastructure remains secure
* Improve server speed
* Customize where DetachPipe saves each attachment using a filename mask that can include the date, subject, sender etc, or manually specify your own filename
* Process attachments from both mail items and calendar items
* Maintain original email folder structure when attachments are saved
* No limit on the number of emails processed or the number of attachments
* Backup attachments through the file system, not through Outlook.
* Supports large-scale deployment and administration
Changelog for this release:
Changed handling of Inbox to ensure that all emails get processed.
Microsoft Outlook 2007/Vista, 2003, 2002/XP and 2000