Studies have shown that over 85% of email by volume is taken up by attachments documents, spreadsheets, presentations etc. By managing your email attachments you can dramatically reduce the volume of data in your mail file without having to delete emails.
The DetachPipe Add On frees attachments from Outlook's PST file, massively reducing its size, assisting backups and making Outlook faster and more reliable.
Attachments can be detached to disk with a clickable hyperlink left in place (the paperclip icon can be retained to assist searches based on attachments), or deleted. Attachments can be reattached later if required. Entire folders can have their attachments detached, saved, deleted, compressed or restored.
DetachPipe can detach incoming attachments from the Inbox, and re-attach to Forwarded emails in the Outbox. Attachments on Sent Items can be deleted. DetachPipe watches your Deleted Items and offers to remove attachments stored on disk when you delete the related email.
Attachments can be compressed for extra space savings, and DetachPipe even checks for and merges duplicate attachments - saving even more space.
DetachPipe gives you complete control over the naming of detached files. The default naming scheme of [Folder Name][Subject]_[FileName] allows the original email to easily be found. The file date is also set to the email date.
DetachPipe can even be used to bulk-extract attachments for digital forensics investigations.
Check out the powerful functions listed below:
* A clickable hyperlink to the attachment is left in each email
* Detach to the local machine or to UNC/Network paths (Pro only)
* Duplicate attachments are detected and only a single copy saved
* Large attachments can be uploaded to www.DetachPipe.com (optional account required)
* Process email bodies with TextPipe Pro to modify text, extract content or make arbitrary changes
* Attachment numbering is handled automatically (e.g. multiple attachments called resume.doc will be renamed to resume.doc, resume1.doc, resume2.doc etc)
* Attachments can be removed via the Recycle Bin for extra safety
* Process emails in any .PST file or in Public Folders
* Access blocked attachments - work around Outlook's incredibly annoying 'this attachment may be unsafe and has been blocked' message, because DetachPipe can still access the attachment regardless of Outlook's settings
* Your Virus scanning continues to take place on all opened emails - so your corporate infrastructure remains secure
* Improve server speed
* Customize where DetachPipe saves each attachment using a filename mask that can include the date, subject, sender etc, or manually specify your own filename
* Process attachments from both mail items and calendar items
* Maintain original email folder structure when attachments are saved
* No limit on the number of emails processed or the number of attachments
* Backup attachments through the file system, not through Outlook.
* Supports large-scale deployment and administration
30 days trial