DEKSI Network Monitor is a powerful and feature rich employee activity and network traffic monitoring system. It allows you to record and log everything your employees do on your company's computers from recording your employee keystrokes, website visits, chats, and employee emails. With DEKSI Network Monitor you can monitor and control your employees use of the Internet. You will learn which programs are being accessed when, how often and by whom. It's important to know what your employees are doing during work hours and if they are doing something that is against company policy, or perhaps even of a criminal nature which could make your company legally responsible.
- Rapid multi-threaded scanning of a local network by a specific IP address range.
- Simultaneous application of a variety of different methods for detecting network devices such as ICMP ping, scanning a list of TCP ports, ARP ping (converting an IP to a MAC address.)
- Recognition of network and local printers, servers, DB servers, routers, switches, hubs, WiFi devices, etc.
- Obtaining additional information on devices over NetBIOS
- Disovering devices that support the SMNP protocol (switches, printers, video cameras, routers, etc.)
- Saving scanning results in CSV format (supported by Microsoft Excel.)
- Generating a list of hosts to be monitored.
- Easy to use interface for editing the hierarchical monitoring list
- Automatic saving of all modifications of the list, host and check properties.
- Multi-threaded host check which enables the number of threads running simultaneously to be configured.
Designed for today's IT Department needs DEKSI Network Monitor does not require the installation of any client software on remote computers on your network.
DEKSI Network Monitor allows you two different methods for generating a monitoring list:
The application finds networked devices and allows pinging over ICMP, scanning specified TCP ports and attempts to convert IP addresses to MAC addresses (ARP). DEKSI Network Monitor can find devices with active SNMP agents such as switches, network printers, routers, etc.
DEKSI Network Monitor allows you to create nested group-folders, adding hosts with specified names or addresses to them. Using the mouse pointer, you can easily move hosts from one folder to another, thus drawing the logical structure of the network.
Changelog for this release:
- Added a new monitoring setting which allows you to consider a check as failed if the check's time of execution is larger than the limit value.
- Moved all the monitoring check's parameters to a dedicated page of the Wizard (that page contained the "Dependencies" in the previous version).