Direct Access Components for MySQL
MicroOLAP Direct Access Components for MySQL and Delphi/C++ Builder (also known as MySQLDAC) is a Borland Delphi/C++Builder component set for direct connect to MySQL database server. DAC for MySQL allows you to create Delphi/C++Builder applications without BDE, ODBC, ADO and without libmysql.dll.
Top reasons to use DAC for MySQL
* licensed per a developer without royalty fee: you don't need to purchase end-user run-time licenses at all;
* no MySQL libraries (libmysql.dll) are required on a client workstation;
* 100% native Delphi code;
* support of Delphi 5-7, C++Builder 5-6, Borland Developer Studio 2005-2006 Win32 edition, Turbo Delphi 2006, Turbo C++ 2006, CodeGear RAD Studio 2007 (both Delphi 2007 and C++Builder 2007) Win32 Edition, CodeGear Delphi and C++Builder 2009 (Tiburon);
* support of MySQL™ 3.xx/4.x/5.x/6.x;
* only 300-400 Kb are added to your .exe file;
* full support of stored procedures (with IN, OUT and INOUT parameters);
* full compatibility with all the existing data-aware controls and report designers;
* full support of the BLOB fields;
* TDBImageEx component for JPEG images support included in the package for free (with sources);
* TNT Unicode Controls Wrappers package for Unicode applications for free (with sources);
* detailed help system and a lot of various demo applications;
* and much more. Please find more details in the online documentation.
DAC for MySQL Components:
# TmySQLDatabase provides discrete control over a connection to a single database in a database application.
Use TmySQLDatabase when a database application requires any of the following control over a database connection:
* Persistent database connections;
* Customized database server logins;
* Transaction control;
* Single-value queries.
# TmySQLTable encapsulates a database table.
Use TmySQLTable to access data in a single database table. TmySQLTable provides direct access to every record and field in an underlying database table. TmySQLTable can also work with a subset of records within a database table using ranges and filters.
At design time, create, delete, update, or rename the database table connected to a TmySQLTable by right-clicking on the TmySQLTable and using the pop-up menu.
# TmySQLQuery encapsulates a dataset with a result set that is based on an SQL statement.
Use TmySQLQuery to access one or more MySQL tables in a database using SQL statements.
TmySQLQuery component is useful because it can:
* Access more than one table at a time (called a "join" in SQL).
* Automatically access a subset of rows and columns in its underlying table(s), rather than always returning all rows and columns.
* Access multi-resultset queries.
Delphi 5/6/7/2005/2006/2007/2009 or C++Builder 5/6/2006/2007/2009 and MySQL stable versions