Protecting Your Data On The Fly
CryptoExpert protects your files and folders with a password, securely encrypting data with either the industry-standard AES-256 algorithm or your choice of encryption method. Implementing numerous innovations along with fast on-the-fly operation, CryptoExpert provides higher security, better reliability and easier usability than the transparent NTFS encryption system implemented in the Windows built-in Encrypted File System.
Secure Drive Encryption That is Easy To Use
Secure hard drive encryption made easy! CryptoExpert protects sensitive data by creating encrypted disk volumes as usual binary files using your choice of AES-256, BLOWFISH, CAST, or 3DES encryption for ultimate data security. The encrypted volumes appear as regular hard disks to all Windows applications unless you restrict access to protected data to certain trusted applications.
Regardless of the chosen encryption method, using CryptoExpert to protect and access sensitive data is simple. Simply right-click the protected volume, click Mount Container (CryptoExpert) and enter your password to mount the volume. The protected container will appear to Windows Explorer and all other applications as just another hard disk. Its really that simple!
Want even easier access to protected data? Export the strong Decryption Key onto a removable disk, USB stick, flash memory card or an MP3 player such as an iPod, and simply connecting the device to your computer will automatically mount all encrypted volumes protected by that Decryption Key.
Tip: you are not limited to protecting data on your local PC. Copy the protected image onto a USB drive, memory stick, or burn it onto a DVD and pass it along. The encrypted volume can be used securely on any Windows PC provided that CryptoExpert is installed and you know your password! If you are mainly interested in protecting removable media, try Master Voyager, a dedicated travelers tool with built-in CD/DVD burning module.
Drive Encryption Features
* Your choice of one of the highly acclaimed encryption algorithms, BLOWFISH, CAST, or 3DES, or the industry-standard AES-256 for ultimate data security
* Transparent access to files and folders. Read and write encrypted files on the fly no need to wait while your data is encrypted or decrypted.
* Disk Firewall allows restricting access to encrypted volumes to white-list applications only.
* Two modes of operation: Password and Decryption Key. In Password mode, simply typing a text password is enough to unlock protected data. In Decryption Key mode, a memory stick, USB flash drive or other removable media unlocks your files and folders automatically once inserted.
* Use USB or removable drive, memory card or even an iPod to keep your encryption keys.
* Assign any available drive letters to encrypted volumes.
* Create unlimited number of encrypted volumes.
* Encrypted containers up to 750 GB are supported.
* No one can access protected data without a password.
* Protected volumes appear as hard disks to all Windows applications.
* Mount encrypted containers located on remote computers over LAN.
* Share encrypted hard drives between network users.
* Industry-standard encryption algorithms. Bullet-proof implementation. No backdoors or security weaknesses of any type. Even you wont be able to access your data after forgetting a password!
* Compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows Vista and Windows XP SP2. Supports Windows 2000.
Changelog for this release:
In version 8.15 we made minor improvements in the application inteface. The title bar contains version information and the license owner.
10 Mb of free HDD space
31 day trial version