Clicky gone is a windows hider application. It's used to hide windows on the desktop and the tabs on the task bar.
Clicky Gone has almost no user interface; it's basically keyboard and mouse driven. The only user interface is the ClicyGoneConfig.exe which is an external application used to communicate with Clicky Gone. This application allows you to assign the hotkeys and options for Clicky Gone.
Why use it?
If you are running a process that is a lengthy task and is taking up space on the desktop or the task bar, then you could hide it and then come back to it later. If you are in the office and supposed to be doing work but instead are browsing the net, then the boss walks in then just hit the Boss Keys to hide the active window and optionally mute the sound.
1. Click and Hide by holding down keyboard modifiers
2. Run hidden windows application's in the background, i.e Low priority
3. Toggle all windows to hide and show
4. Boss Key support, hide the active window and mute the sound
5. A fancey menu that shows you all your hidden windows
6. Prevent click hiding on full screen applications, i.e. Games
7. Hide menu on applications caption and taskbar icon
8. Process priority menu on applications caption and taskbar icon
9. Hide windows in system tray or completely from view
10. Prevent stuborn windows from showing up after they are hidden, i.e. a long task completes and the application shows another window from the one you have hidden
Changelog for this release:
- BUG | Fixed Tray icons not being removed and windows not being displayed on Clicky Gone Shutdown
- NEW | Added Disable Feature support in Clicky Gone Config, you can now disable unused hotkeys.
- MOD | Hidden windows in the System Tray are now darkened a little
- MOD | Changed the clicky gone menu to a more Clean Look
- NEW | If a window can't be hidden with `Hide Active` Hotkey then all windows belonging to the Active windows process will be hidden