ChangeSender adds one important piece of functionality to Microsoft Outlook when used with Exchange Server: It allows you to choose the sender address your emails are sent from on a mail-by-mail basis.
Screenshot of ChangeSender in Outlook 2007
Without ChangeSender, Exchange always sends out emails on your default email address fixed in the ActiveDirectory even when answering emails received on one of your additional email addresses.
Also, Exchange does not allow sharing the same email address (i.e. department-wide or company-wide email addresses) between users. ChangeSender solves both problems by adding a configurable "send as" selection box to your Outlook email form.
- Easy selection of sender addresses for new emails via "send as" selection box in Outlook.
- Automatically selects the right sender address when replying to emails. ChangeSender uses the address of the original email as sender address for replies.
- Email signatures change automatically according to sender address.
- Multiple users can send from the same sender address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) without having to use a fixed name string ("Sales Group, Jeff" [firstname.lastname@example.org] and "Sales Group, John" [email@example.com] vs. just "Sales" [firstname.lastname@example.org])
- Sender appearance fully configurable as "Any name" <email@example.com> for each individual email address. Does not show up as "sent on behalf of...".
- Very simple installation and administration. No need to juggle additional email accounts or groups.
- Administrator can restrict or allow user choices for the sender address and prevent users from sending as other users.
- Works with Exchange 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000 and with Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000 versions.
Windows XP, Vista, 7 or Windows Server 2000, 2003 or 2008, or Windows Server SBS 2011. Any Outlook