Society's reliance on computers means that the cost of hardware failure can be enormous. BurnInTest can thoroughly exercises PC hardware in the shortest period of time so intermittent or hidden problems are found before they turn into a disaster.
BurnInTest is an easy-to-use software tool that simultaneously exercises all of the major components of a computer to test for endurance and reliability. The user can select hardware components to test and individually adjust the load placed on each one via slide bars. Each test reports results to its own window and results are summarised along with any errors detected in the main program window.
A computer's major components (including CPUs, raw and formatted hard drives, tape/CD/DVD/Blu-Ray drives, sound and graphics cards, RAM, network connections and ports) can be tested at the same time. Results can be saved to disk, printed or exported as a graphical image. Other features include periodic logging, a temperature monitoring interface and max CPU temperature test, and timed test runs.
BurnInTest also gives users access to detailed system information including as the CPU data (such as amount of CPU cores and physical CPUs, CPU features, clock speed and L2 cache size); Physical and Virtual Memory read outs and advanced Graphics Card information. Pre-defined quick tests, context sensitive right-click menus and hotkeys for common tasks means that stress-testing your machine has never been easier.
BurnInTest is also available with serial, parallel and USB loopback plugs to facilitate port testing and features comprehensive online help and in-built help files. All purchases of BurnInTest 7 include 12 months of free technical support and major/minor software upgrades.
BurnInTest is suited to computer enthusiasts, systems integrators and manufacturers or anyone who wants to cost effectively evaluate their system.
- Native 64bit hardware and O/S support
- Online help & PDF manual
- A customer style results certificate
- Support for printing results
- Logging of results to disk in user selectable levels of detail (in ASCII format & HTML formats)
- Timed test runs that will stop automatically at the expiry of the selected time or after a number of test cycles.
- The ability to save your results to disk as log file.
- 'Notes' and 'Machine ID' fields for storing your own audit information along with the saved log file.
- Support for copying the results to other applications (eg. MS-Word) via a variety of image formats. (BMP, GIF, EMF)
- The ability to select the level of load placed on each component, via the setting of a duty cycle for each test.
- Counters that count the total number of operations performed.
- An easy to use point and click interface
- Can be run from a USB drive or CD (under Windows)
- Summary system information including CPU type, CPU speed & Serial number.
- Temperature monitoring and temperature monitoring interface (with additional 3rd party Intel Active Monitor, HMonitor, MotherBoardMonitor and SpeedFan software)
- Laptop battery & UPS monitoring interface (with additional BatteryMon software)
- Support for production line automation and detailed logging
- Printer testing using raw print files, or standard B&W or color testing
- MP3, MIDI and Wave file playback for sound card testing
- Testing of up to 20 hard and floppy disks simultaneously
- Testing of up to 20 optical drives drives simultaneously
- CD / DVD / Blu-Ray read testing using specialized optical test media, plus CD burner testing
- Windows shutdown and cyclic reboot testing (with complementary Rebooter software)
- Scrolling 'H's for Electromagnetic Compliance (EMC) testing to ANSI standard C63.4-1992
- Video RAM testing
- Testing the playback of Videos
- Support for SMART hard disk parameter checking
Changelog for this release:
- Fixed a bug preventing the parallel port test from starting
- Fixed a misplaced newline in the text log output
- Added missing report information (Machine Type, Serial and Notes) to text and HTML logs
128 MB RAM, DirectX 9.0c, 30MB disk space