Bugzero provides an enterprise-grade cost-effective solution to increase team work efficiency. It is easy to use, yet still flexible and adaptive, and can be configured to fit to your organization's unique business process and workflow. It just works the way you want it to be.
Backup and recover Bugzero is simple. You need backup the entire bugzero folder just once since it never changes after install. All the data is stored in the database, and so you need back it up periodically. In case of a hardware or software crash, you just need restore either the bugzero folder if the application server got crashed, or the database if the database server got crashed, or both if they were installed on the same computer.
- Standard technologies, web-based, lightweight, feature-rich, robust, fast, reliable, and exceptional usability
- Cross platforms, one code base written in Java™ and J2EE™, truely run anywhere and everywhere
- Cross database systems, standard SQL 92, scalable, and modular database schema
- No client software, no firewall issues, and accessible from anywhere on the internet through HTTP, HTTPS, or SMTP
- More than just bug tracking, works equally well for use case, test case management, or as a help desk customer support system
- Support both web interface and email interface (particularly for customer support), for internal and external users
- Support custom fields of data types including datetime, number, URL, and cross-project link ID. Fields can be added or removed anytime.
- Flexible workflow to fit your unique process, completely configurable and customizable per project.
- Customizable page layout, your own company logo, and look and feel
- Works in any languages (UTF-8) including Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.
- Support multiple projects, configurable access control, and self registration
- Configurable advanced group and field level access control model (security)
- Configurable automatic and manual bug-assignment
- File attachment (can attach multiple files and any kinds of files at once)
- Support direct screen capture for attachment (available as add-on)
- Email notification and cc mail (per project, template based)
- Configurable email notification triggers or listeners (per project, per user)
- CVS and Perforce source version control integration through email
- Metrics reports, advanced search, and re-usable stored queries
- Calendar for date selection
- Complete audit trail and change history
- Quick sorting and CSV file export supporting Asian languages in Unicode
- Public projects and self registration for open source projects
- Support LDAP/Active Directory user authentication (available as add-on)
- Custom email reminder and escalation (available as add-on)
- Easy install (server side only) and minimal maintenance needed
- Easy backup and recovery in case of hardware or software crash
- Easy to use web-based system administration (no learning curve)
- Exceptional remote trouble shooting and debugging capabilities
Changelog for this release:
A new user account lockout feature was added. The Reminder feature was improved by adding the ability to perform an arbitrary action instead of just sending an email. A potential NPE exception that occurred on a missing target project record was fixed. A workaround was added to avoid the potential ORA-01467 error on Oracle databases. JavaMail has been updated to javamail-1.4.2 and jaf-1.1.1. Email is now saved as an attachment un-parsed in cases of any parsing errors. An index was added on the ts column of table trail.