Book Writer is for creative writers, not businesses. Manage your writing projects to write anything faster, better, easier. Work with one file in a project or many. Keep records on people, places, events, and notes to have your research right beside your writings. Import Word or Wordperfect files to escape word processing for business. Book Writer omits features for business, such as mail merge and team development, and gives you an environment for creative writing. Use the Project Commander to handle multiple chapters, papers, etc., and when you don't need project management, use just the editors--made for writers--to work on one or more files.
The project management and the built-in database collect all your writings and records in a single place to keep you from losing time and concentration in the scattered details of Windows. Copy, move, zip, or search all your writings or selected files at once for easy file management. Replace words in all files at once for quick editing. Find words even if they are misspelled. Instantly find all the lines in your project where you mentioned a particular name, or any word, and move from file to file, line to line by clicking on search results.
Project indexing lets you find any word in all files instantly. With Active Thesaurus(tm), double click a word to check dictionary and thesaurus listings quickly. Open all your files together with one click. Merge all or selected files into a finished manuscript. Writer-friendly features let you be a writer instead of a computer operator.
* Combine related files into a project for easy management.
* Merge individual chapters into a single manuscript for submissions.
* Open all files in a project with a single click.
* Move from file to file by clicking notebook tabs.
* Find any word or phrase in all project files, opened or not.
* Copy or move all files at once.
* Zip all files in a project automatically for backup or emailing.
* Think of the right word easily with Active Thesaurus™.
* Easily import Word® and WordPerfect® files.
* Organize your writings in visual projects to eliminate thinking in computers.
* Eliminate needless business functions from your word editor.
* Get your writings out of computer space and, symbolically, into your hands in front of you.
* Use titles instead of system file names to identify the parts of your writings.
* Open, copy, or move files by clicking on titles in a project's tree diagram.
* Drag and drop a project's symbol to copy or move all its files.
* Find anythingeven misspelled words, alternate spellings, and typo-ed words.
* Replace names or words inside all files in a project, creating backups automatically.
* Index every word in your project's files to see every place a name or word occurs.
* Jump from file to file with a single click to see found or indexed words in various files.
* Use the spelling checker, dictionary, and thesaurus in US or UK English.
* Create files that your editor, agent, professor, or others can read with any word processor.
16MB disk space, 32MB RAM