BitRock Installbuilder allows you to create easy to use cross platform installers for Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Windows and Mac OS X. BitRock installers are native binaries that can run on Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, 2003, Solaris, Mac OS X and on any Linux distribution. The generated installers provide native look and feel and desktop integration for Windows, KDE, Gnome and Aqua and are optimized in size and speed, reducing download, startup and installation time. BitRock Installers are single-file, self-contained native executables with no external dependencies and minimal overhead. All BitRock installers are truly native code, do not require bundling a Java Runtime Environment and provide an intuitive interface on all platforms, even for users without Linux experience. BitRock InstallBuilder includes an easy to learn, easy to use GUI environment that can be run on Windows and Linux. Create Windows, Solaris, FreeBSD, Linux (x86-PPC), AIX, HPUX and Mac OS X installers from a single build environment. For advanced users, a friendly XML project format supports source control integration, collaborative development and customizing projects both by hand and using external scripts. A command line interface allows you to automate and integrate the building process. QuickBuild functionality allows you to update installers in a few seconds, without having to repack the entire application. BitRock InstallBuilder provides convenient built-in actions for commonly required installation functionality such as changing file permissions, substituting text in file, adding environment variables, adding directories to the path, changing the Windows registry, launching external scripts and so on. BitRock installers can be customized in a variety of ways, graphically and in functionality, and run on GUI, text and unattended modes. An uninstall program is created as part of installation. BitRock Installers are platform and programming language independent.
Generate installers for all target platforms from a single project file. Create all your installers from a single build environment!
# Auto-update Functionality
Deliver updates to users once they have your software installed to ensure they are always running the best available version.
# Language Independent
InstallBuilder installers can install applications written in any language, including: Java, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, C/C++ and .NET/Mono.
# Desktop Integration
InstallBuilder installers provide native look and feel and desktop integration for Windows, KDE, and Gnome.
# Quick Build
Changes to installer functionality can be tested without repacking all of the files, speeding the build and test cycle.
# RPM and DEB Generation
In addition to installers, generate RPM and Debian packages directly from installer project files.
# Component Selection
Allow users to choose which components to install. Reuse components across installers to speed development.
# Customize Your Installer
Add your own splash screen, icons and slideshow to your installers to present a professional image and make a great first impression.
InstallBuilder installers do not require a Java Runtime. They are completely self-contained and have no external dependencies.
# Optimized Installers
InstallBuilder installers are optimized in size and speed and do not require a self-extraction step. This reduces download, startup and installation time.
# Build System Integration
InstallBuilder can easily be integrated into in house build and test systems, including ANT.
# Built-in Actions
Built-in actions make it easy to implement commonly required installation functionality across all platforms.
# Rollback Functionality
By default, InstallBuilder installers perform a backup of all the files overwritten during installation, so they can be recovered in the event of an error.
# Multiple Installation Modes
InstallBuilder installers will automatically run in GUI, text and unattended modes, making your application easy to install in any environment.
Changelog for this release:
- Improved example projects and made them easily accessible through the builder GUI
- Added HTTPS support for Linux, Windows and OS X for and actions as well as for the autoupdater
- Improved downloadable components to allow resuming failed downloads
- Added new tag to action
- Improved error handling when none of the configured allowed display modes can be initialized
- Improved built-in pages to display runtime changes of the property
- Fixed HTTP-related actions failing in some Windows 64bit environments
- Fixed rule not properly checking child components
- Fixed Qt mode not properly displaying right-to-left languages
- Fixed Gtk custom style not properly wrapping some parameter pages text
- Fixed action failing in some Windows environments when passing arguments containing % characters
- Fixed installer failing when launched in some partially broken HP-UX environments
- Fixed incorrect encoding in Italian language
- Fixed crashing when providing multiple options with the same text
- Fixed InstallBuilder's User Guide link in start menu on Windows
- Fixed Gtk progress bar writing warnings to console in some environments
- Fixed not being properly vertically aligned
32 Mb free RAM; Minimum of 640 x 480 screen res.