Beyond Compare allows you to quickly and easily compare your files and folders. By using simple, powerful commands you can focus on the differences you are interested in and ignore those you are not. You can then merge the changes, synchronize your files, and generate reports for your records.
You can compare entire drives and folders at high speed, checking just sizes and modified times. Or, thoroughly verify every file with byte-by-byte comparisons. FTP sites and zip files are integrated seamlessly, so you can update your website with the touch of a button.
Once you have found specific files you are interested in, Beyond Compare can intelligently pick the best way to compare and display them. Text files can be viewed and edited with syntax highlighting and comparison rules tweaked specifically for documents, source code, and HTML. Data files, executables, binary data, and images all have dedicated viewers as well, so you always have a clear view of the changes.
* Folder icons colors now match your preferences
* Multiple operations can be queued
* File actions now respect filters by default (watch video)
* Dedicated folder sync session
* Touch and Attrib commands can now recurse through subfolders
* Attrib supports Unix attributes
* New Ignored command flags mismatched file as OK
* New Move to Folder command
* Flatten folders lets you compare differing folder structures
* Pro only Alignment overrides
Changelog for this release:
- Added full context menu extensions on Linux for Konqueror (KDE), Nautilus (Gnome), and Thunar (Xfce), with configurable visibility and submenus.
- Added support for passing '-' on the command line to load a file from
- stdin, and added support for FIFOs on Linux.
- Copying to/from FTP/SFTP servers now copies the Unix mode (rwx).
- Character encoding errors during saving now prompt to use a different code
- page instead of refusing to save.
- Removed prompt to edit read-only files in file views.
- Fixed FTP timezone autodetection.
- Fixed zips not showing files that have paths beginning with /
- Fixed extracting files from some .7z archives
- Improved memory usage and speed when reading/writing large snapshots
- Added support for passing '-' on the command line to load a file from stdin.
- Added "Select All" button to "Find" dialog.
- "Go To" dialog supports column selection in the row details.
- Removed "characters per line limit" file format setting.
- Improved error handling when line is too long (over 65536 characters),
- particularly for multi-line cells.
- Fixed editing key column settings when the default column handling is
- Fixed crash when loading files with extremely long lines.
- Fixed foreground coloring for non-text columns with differences.
- Fixed hang using Find dialog's "Select All" and "Wrap Search" options.
- Fixed Find "Select All" selecting the current line when it doesn't match
- the search.
- Fixed detection of whether to save before using new file format.
- Improved "Bash Scripts" handling of escaped quotes and apostrophes.
- Fixed "DisplayAlerts" error using MS Office conversion file formats with
- Office 2000.
- Fixed "PDF Documents" to use unicode handling.
- Fixed "MS Excel Workbooks" to use unicode handling.
- Improved "SQL" file format string definitions.
- Added default shortcuts: "Recompare"=[Ctrl+F5], "Copy File to Right and
- Open Next Difference"=[Ctrl+Alt+R], "Copy File to Left and Open Next
- Using "Swap Sides" command now preserves the scrollbar position when the
- cursor is offscreen.
- "Compare Files Using" now maintains parent session link.
- Fixed thumbnail flashing when a comparison is loading.
- Fixed crash when painting the thumbnail.
- Fixed crash after minimizing a Find dialog and switching tabs.
- Fixed using "Save As" after an external conversion so the default filename
- matches the input with a '.txt' extension.
- Fixed focus changing from the right to left side when opening a new file.
- Added default shortcuts: "Align With"=[F6], "New Folder"=[Ins], "Refresh
- Selection"=[Shift+F5], "Mirror Right"=[Shift+Ctrl+R], "Mirror Left"=
- Improved Samba auto-detection.
- Improved error handling of network errors when loading folder listings.
- Fixed symlinks to drive roots being incorrectly detected as recursive.
- Fixed renaming a symbolic link with "Follow Symlinks" active showing both
- the original and renamed entries until a refresh.
- Fixed recursive symlinks not getting logged as errors when trying to
- expand them.
- Fixed "Find" "Select All" button so it will select the current line if it
- Fixed file counts so they use thousands separators.
- Fixed File Filter combobox showing the wrong context menu.
- Fixed invalidation when changing filters that only affect one side of a
- Disabled using large buffers to retrieve folder listings on remote servers
- to help with buggy NAS devices.
- Fixed crash when using "Copy file to left and open next difference" in
- file compare.
- Auto-generated session names now include the sync preset name and directional arrows.
- Uploading to FTP/SFTP servers now copies Unix mode (rwx) if possible.
- Added support for symbolic links in Pure-FTPD's MLSD listing.
- Fixed timezone autodetection, and fixed logging positive local biases as
- off by 1 minute.
- Fixed "Generate SSH Key Pair" dialog's "Generate" and "Cancel" buttons to
- respond to [Enter] and [Esc].
- Fixed FTP connections not respecting the settings for "Limit
- ports used for active transfers (PORT)".
- Fixed crash if a server returns an invalid date in an MDTM request.
- Fixed crash when an FTP Profile's "Encoding" setting is set to either
- "Unicode" or "Unicode (Big Endian)".
- Fixed prompting to connect when an FTPS SSL certificate's common name
- doesn't match the host name.
- Fixed connecting to CrushFTP SSH servers.
- Fixed freeze when reloading a Text Compare after saving changes and
- copying them in the Folder Compare.
- Fixed Hex find.
- Text display now uses the system encoding instead of Windows-1252.
- Added [Ctrl+Q] as the default shortcut for "Session->Exit".
- XML encoding detection now defaults to UTF-8 instead of ANSI.
- Forms now check if active control handles key accelerator, in particular
- browse edits.
- Labels showing partial filenames now include the full path as a hint.
- Fixed SpinEdit focus handling, in particular in response to associated key
- Fixed session tab's "Tear Off" command to affect the right-clicked tab
- instead of the active one.
- Fixed drag and drop reordering in various lists (File Formats, Grammars,
- etc) so items can't be dropped onto unrelated windows.
- Fixed converting dates to text on systems with non-ASCII characters (ex.
- clipboard title on Greek systems).
- Fixed error message for failed Unicode conversions.
- Fixed context menu in Text Compare's "View -> Web Pages" display and in
- "Check for Updates" dialog.
- Fixed crash when closing BC while the help window is open on a 32-bit
- Vista/Win7 system with IE9 installed.
- Fixed help window hanging if Beyond Compare's foreground thread is busy.
- Fixed updating menus with toolbar visibility when closing undocked toolbars.
- Fixed control positions when running on Far East systems with scaled fonts.
- Fixed displaying localized dates in various places. (affects Delphi
- "Select Revisions" dialog, "Startup" options page, Data Compare cells, MP3
- Compare tags, FTP "View Certificate" dialog)
- Added "Play Both" to "Session" menu.
- Fixed crash when comparing MP3 tags with line endings.
- Added explanation that Explorer integration requires non-portable install.
- Added "milliseconds before incremental search resets" tweak.
- "Open With" options page now confirms clearing list.
- Tweaked layout for various pages.
- Fixed changing "Detect partial file locks on" tweak to enable "Apply"
- Fixed copying to clipboard.
- Added "Open in Text Edit" for files.
- Added "Up One Level" spec bar buttons.
- Fixed reading .reg files with comments after the first line.
- Text "XML Dump" now includes display filter, show context, ignore unimportant, and just selection states.
- Folder and Picture Compare report headers now include whether unimportant differences are ignored.
- Removed unnecessary "Just Selection" option from MP3, Registry, and
- Version Compare reports.
- Removed unnecessary "Mode" option from "File Summary" reports.
- Fixed truncation if a Folder Compare report contains characters that don't
- exist in the system's ANSI code page.
- Fixed Text "Stats" report not to count empty on both sides as added line.
- Fixed report generation when using print preview with different report
- styles without closing the report dialog.
- Report layouts that don't use colors no longer offer HTML difference
- Data Compare report no longer tries to right justify floating point data.
- Fixed crash generating a Picture Compare report of an empty comparison.
- Fixed shortcuts displayed in hints in the Print Preview dialog.
- Added "CRITERIA FOLLOW-SYMLINKS" option to enable the "Follow Symbolic
- Links" session setting.
- Added "FILTER INCLUDE-PROTECTED" option to disable the "Exclude protected
- operating system files" filter, and "FILTER EXCLUDE-PROTECTED" to
- re-enable it.
- Fixed "PICTURE-REPORT" support for "OPTIONS:IGNORE-UNIMPORTANT".
- Added "Locked" to "Session" menu.
- Fixed extracting session name/path on CJK systems.
- Comparisons launched from PVCS no longer treat the original file as read-only.
- Fixed PVCS integration when launched from Visual Studio.
- Character encoding errors during saving now prompt to use a different code page, rather than refusing to save.
- Added default shortcuts: "Next Replacement"=[Shift+Ctrl+Alt+N], "Previous Replacement"=[Shift+Ctrl+Alt+P]
- Improved "Grammar Item" dialog's "Delimited" handling when "to" must be single character (not RegEx, Escape defined).
- Improved "Next/Previous Difference" handling and improved performance.
- Fixed line endings being inserted when copying wrapped lines.
- Fixed "View->Webpages" so it doesn't trigger the file format "Trim
- trailing whitespace" or "Convert leading spaces to tabs" on save behavior.
- Fixed Find matching the last match repeatedly when wrap is disabled.
- Fixed character alignment gap handling when ignoring unimportant
- differences (affects "Next/Previous Difference").
- Fixed "Find Next/Previous" so it doesn't support editing in line mode.
- Fixed crash when deleting text with gaps.
- Fixed crash when changing horizontal scroll position.
- Fixed Replace All with "Wrap search" behavior.
- Fixed crash when using "Replace All" with "Show Differences" comparing
- identical files.
- Fixed crash using "Previous Difference" when first segment is character
- alignment gap.
- Removed prompt to edit read-only files.
- Declining to edit a binary files when prompted will prompt again at the next attempt instead of disabling editing.
- Added "Take Left Then Right" and "Take Right Then Left" to center panel's context menu and fixed position of "Copy".
- Fixed crash when using certain commands with a detached output window.
- Fixed "Open With" and "Open with Text Edit" in output pane.
- Improved error handling of malformed version information.