Better File Rename 5 is a comprehensive batch file renamer that transforms the tedious and time-consuming task of changing multiple file names into a simple matter of seconds.
The program covers all the usual features such as adding, removing, replacing, truncating and inserting text and provides advanced support for adding or changing embedded sequence numbers, inserting file creation and modification dates, etc.
Digital photographers will especially appreciate the ability to read EXIF digital photo information and renaming pictures based on the date and time they were actually taken. The tool offers an intuitive and friendly user interface that previews the new file names as you type or change options. Ideally suited for digital camera owners, web masters, and graphics professionals.
Version 5 adds the ability to combine multiple renaming steps into a single multi-step rename, introduces regular expression substitution support for true power users and allows the program to be used both as a Windows Explorer enhancement and as a stand-alone application.
New In Version 5
* Best-of-breed user experience
* Re-sizable instant preview
* Combine multiple steps into a single multi-step rename
* Regular expression substitution support for the true power-user
* Now operate as stand-alone application but is still available directly within the Windows Explorer
* Drag & drop files into the preview table
* Unicode and Vista support
* dozens of tweaks and refinements
Comprehensive renaming options
* add, remove, insert and replace characters and text
* add, format, change and insert sequence numbers, create sequence number lists..
* add file date and time to the beginning and the end, rename to date..
* replace file and folder extensions
* make uppercase, lowercase, title case or sentence case
* create space-saving alphabetical sequences
* truncate, remove vowels, reverse, transpose