Bersoft Image Measurement is a Windows application that makes it easy to acquire, measure, and analyze digital images. To measure an image, simply click on the image to define control points. The program will automatically perform measurements, calculate areas, and generate statistical analysis. All measurements are drawn over a special measurement layer, so the original image is not altered in any way.
The program supports DICOM, JPEG, TIFF, and most popular image formats (see Supported file types). Also images can be captured either from TWAIN scanners and digital cameras or from live video sources. It's easy to export images in RGB, HSV, or 8-bit channel format, or even generate a matrix with the decimal or hexadecimal values of the image pixels.
Live video measurements can be performed on a new image window, where the live video can be measured, paused and worked on as any other image.
Bersoft Image Measurement can run as a Portable Application, from USB (Flash or HDD) Drives.
ou can perform angle, distance, perimeter, arc, area, and point and line measurements by using the Tools Palette.
Spatial calibration (conversion factor) is available to provide real world dimensional measurements such as kilometers, centimeters, microns, or miles, for both linear and area measurements. Different calibration can be used for the X and Y axes, if required.
Can calculate statistics from the measurements. You have instant access to counts, mean, median, minimum, maximum, range, variance, standard deviation, standard error, coefficient of variation, skew, kurtosis, and frequencies. It also supports, Pixel profile, Charts and Object counting.
You can rotate, resize, merge, flip and rotate selections. With its multiple document interface (MDI), the program supports any number of images simultaneously.
Measurements are drawn on a vectorial layer (overlay) and they can be edited or adjusted as many times as needed, its color and position can be modified. Because they are drawn as vectorial images, they look exactly the same at any zoom value.
Also, measurements can be applied on live video feeds and multriframe DICOM images.
Each image gets its own measurements datasheet, and because that each set of measurements related to the same image can have a different conversion factor.
Bersoft Image Measurement lets you visualize images in a variety of ways, including viewing histograms from partial or complete images, generating false color images, subtracting image backgrounds, merging images, inverting image colors, manipulating channels, applying filters, and adjusting features such as gamma, brightness, and contrast.
Whether you need to speed up the process of measuring scientific or industrial samples, or to perform statistical analysis on scans or photographs of irregular objects, Bersoft Image Measurement gives you the tools that you need.
Check out the Online Manual to know the full specifications or simply download the Trial version, which includes the same manual as help file.
Tip: Nearly all the program windows and palettes have an associated help page, press F1 to get contextual help for the active window. In some cases you can also get help by clicking the Help menu or the button on the title bar of the window you want to get help for.
Changelog for this release:
New Measurement Tools:
Two new measurements tools have been added to the Tools Toolbar:
- The Arc/Circle Tool makes easy to measure arcs and circles. With three clicks over an arc or circle circumference the length of the arc and/or the circumference of the circle will be calculated. Also will calculate the area of the zone or circle.
- The Freehand Tool draws irregular shapes and calculates length/perimeter and area.
Merge/Compare with another image:
- This command has been improved adding rotation and independent zoom for the front image as well as a blinking option. Learn More.
Correcting image Perspective:
- The Perspective window is useful to correct pictures taken with a camera that is not exactly perpendicular to the subject. Learn More.
- Lens Calibration is the procedure that fixes lens distortion in images. It is useful when using lenses with noticeable distortion to correct images in order to show a view as approximate to the reality as possible. Learn More.
Other improvements and features:
- Remembers the images saving path and file type.
- Shortcuts have been improved.
- A new zoom menu command.