Computers are 1000 times faster now than they were ten years ago. But did you ever feel that your slow computer could be a little faster?
A faster processor is easily compromised by new features, more expensive graphics and numerous glitches in the operating system. Worse than that, any new computer can get really slow after only a few months. Junk files, registry errors, and fragmentation accumulate to cause the slow down as well as occasional crashes.
An Australian software company, Auslogics, has developed an effective remedy to speed up a slow Windows system. This is award winning Auslogics Boost Speed. Run the program once a week and it will remove all the clutter, fix registry errors and defragment the disks and the registry. The program will also tune up the one-size-fits-all Windows settings specifically to your computer configuration, hence improving your Internet speed, reducing computer startup and shutdown time. You can tweak the settings of your Internet browser, your Microsoft Office suite and other software to their peak performance. Move your mouse over the tray icon to view the CPU and memory usage, as well as your Internet traffic, in a handy graphical display.
Here's what it can do to speed up your Internet:
- Tune up Internet settings for faster downloads
- Check if your Internet speed is what your Internet provider claims it to be
- Speed up Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers
To speed up your computer, the program offers:
- Disk, registry and memory defragmentation
- Quick, safe and thorough disk and registry clean up
- Tweaks to speed up Windows Vista and XP
- Easy to use Uninstall and Startup Managers
In conclusion, Auslogics Boost Speed is a worthy alternative to constantly having to upgrade your computer. Even if your computer is relatively new, the program will keep it running fast and error-free for a long time.
Changelog for this release:
- All tools. Added free space availability check before creating Rescue Center backups. If there is not enough free space on a disk, user has the option to abort the operation or proceed without creating a backup.
- All tools. Fixed memory leaks, optimized code and algorithms, which improved the speed of practically every tool in the program.
- All tools. All modules that work with hard drives were optimized to correctly process large data volumes, namely the Rescue Center will now correctly create and restore backups larger than 2 GB.
- All tools. Made numerous corrections to language files.
- All tools. Made numerous changes to modules™ interface to make them more convenient and easier to work with.
- All tools. Improved reports and operation results display in response to user feedback. Now this information is easier to understand.
- All tools. Added partial Windows 8 compatibility. Full compatibility will be implemented in BoostSpeed version 5.4
- Integrator. Upon first launch, user is offered to create a restore point, which allows to later revert all changes made to the system.
- Integrator. Implemented an automatic check for newer program versions. Allows users to always stay on top of things and perform timely product updates.
- Integrator. Improved the process of browser history cleanup. Implemented expanded information display and a check for running applications that may interfere with complete cleanup.
- Startup Manager. Improved application list interface. Now it is not necessary to open a separate properties window in order to get a detailed rating description. The information is pulled up by holding the mouse cursor over the respective column.
- Startup Manager. Added a "Google it" button to the toolbar, which allows running a quick internet search for additional information on a specific application.
- Uninstall Manager. Improved application list interface. Now it is not necessary to open a separate properties window in order to get a detailed rating description. The information is pulled up by holding the mouse cursor over the respective column.
- Uninstall Manager. Added a "Google it" button to the toolbar, which allows running a quick internet search for additional information on a specific application.
- Uninstall Manager. Modified and optimized the algorithm of reading data on installed applications and updates. This allows for faster display of the list of installed applications upon program launch.
- Uninstall Manager. Added new Force Remove functionality. This allows to see which files/registry keys/system components were installed by the selected application, and to remove them without using the standard uninstaller (for instance, when there is no such uninstaller present).
- Disk Defrag. Improved algorithm of automatic SSD detection. This allows for more exact SSD detection and for automatic enabling of a special defrag algorithm for SSD™s.
- Disk Defrag. Modified algorithm for system resource usage limitation, which improved overall stability of program operation.
- Disk Wiper. Improved program interface. Added balloon tips for interface elements, which lets quickly obtain a detailed description of various program functions.
- Disk Explorer. Optimized file list output algorithm, which helped considerably speed up navigation and list display on the results page.
- Tweak Manager. Upon first launch, user is asked whether they want to switch to the advanced tweaking mode, which allows to immediately start working with all tweaks.
- File Recovery. Improved search conditions selection wizard interface. These changes will let you control the stage you are at and to start the search at any stage in the wizard using default settings.
- Registry Cleaner. Regrouped the categories list. The new category presentation is more natural and allows for more convenient selection of desired categories for scanning and fixing.
- Track Eraser. Added new applications to the list, including Steam, Google Calendar Sync, Google Talk, Microsoft Silverlight, Macromedia Shockwave, Skype and many others. Added ability to work with new versions of applications that were already in the list.
- System Information. Improved detection algorithms for processor frequency, .Net version, video card type, and list of device drivers, which provides more exact and correct information regarding system environment.
- Duplicate File Finder. Implemented search conditions selection wizard, which provides a more convenient and visual way of setting parameters for accurate duplicates search.
- Service Manager. Optimized main menu to make it more convenient to work with (changed order and location of menu elements).
- Service Manager. Service optimization actions were moved to the main toolbar to allow for faster one-click optimization.
- Task Manager. Implemented detailed svchost.exe process information display functionality, which allows to quickly obtain more detailed and accurate information about all running processes.
- Task Manager. Improved application list interface. Now it is not necessary to open a separate properties window in order to get a detailed rating description. The information is pulled up by holding the mouse cursor over the respective column.
- Misc. Corrected all known bugs.
- Misc. Corrected installer errors, optimized program installation and uninstallation.
Pentium Proccessor, 16 MB RAM, 10 MB HDD
15 days trial
Some of the program features will not be available for you in the trial version