aTunes is a full-featured audio player and manager, developed in Java programming language, so it can be executed on different platforms: Windows, Linux and Unix-like systems, ...
Currently plays mp3, ogg, wma, wav, flac, mp4 and radio streaming, allowing users to easily edit tags, organize music and rip Audio CDs.
aTunes is a full-featured audio player and organizer. aTunes supports mp3, ogg, wma, wav, flac and mp4 files and allows users to edit tags, organize music and rip audio cds easily.
* Supported formats: mp3, ogg, wma, wav, flac, mp4, m4a, ra, rm, cue
* Online radio supported
* Player engine: mplayer for all environments, xine for Linux systems
* Volume control, mute function
* Karaoke function
* Shuffle and repeat options
* OSD (On-screen display)
* Reads mp3, ogg, flac, wma, mp4, ra, rm tags
* Writes mp3, ogg, flac, wma, mp4 tags
* Reads and shows pictures included in ID3v2 tags
* Tag editor window
* Auto tag edition tools: set track number, genre, lyrics and so on automatically
* Some auto tag tools for all repository
* Extended search function
* Allows users to view music categorized by artist, album or genre in a hierarchy tree, or by folders
* Fast access to songs and albums
* Filter option to find easily artists, albums or genres
* Cover Navigator
* Support for huge playlist, with thousand of songs
* Support for multiple playlists at the same time
* Shows multiple columns: title, artist, album, genre, length, track number
* Can be sorted by any of the columns
* Columns can be hidden for simplicity
* Support for open or save m3u playlists
* Full Drag-and-Drop support. Songs can be dragged from the navigator or from the OS file system
* Can be filtered
* Connect your portable player or anything that could be mounted as a file system, and view in aTunes, copy to repository, synchronize, etc.
* Songs, albums or artists can be selected as favorites
* Favorite elements are shown in the Favorites tab in Navigator
* Artist search tool in different web pages: YouTube, Google Video , Wikipedia, etc.
* Last.fm information: when a song is being played, album information, artist albums and similar artists are shown
* Last.fm profile update: songs played are submitted to your Last.fm profile
* Lyrics information: when a song is being played, automatically aTunes shows lyrics
* Related videos at YouTube
* Subscribe your favorite podcast feeds and listen them in aTunes
* Download podcast feed entries to your hard disk
* aTunes includes a cd ripper tool, using cdda2wav, lame, flac and oggenc. Just put an audio cd into your computer, and select Import CD in the Tools menu. You can select which tracks to rip, and get track names automatically from Amazon.
* Support for optional Nero AAC encoder. See Adding the Nero AAC encoder
* Support for optional FAAC encoder (except Windows OS)
* Support for CDParanoia on Mac OS X and Linux (limited functionality)
* Songs played, songs never played
* Songs most played
* Album most played
* Artist most played
* Last date of play
* Standard view with all controls and features
* Multi window view. Every window element (navigator, playlist, context information) is shown as a separate window. Every window can be located and / or arranged as you want.
* System tray icon to control player
* Themes support: you can change aTunes colors by changing theme
* Full Screen Mode