Key Manager allows you to assign the following actions to regular, sequential and long (press and hold) key presses, mouse button presses, the mouse wheel rotation, combinations with modifiers, as well as popup menu items:
- Show a popup menu which can contain submenus and actions.
- Emulate key presses or key combinations with an ability to perform reverse assignment, mouse button presses, mouse wheel rotation, sequential presses and releases of several keys (keypress macro); block keys and key combinations.
- Paste any text into an input area of any application with an option to insert current time, date and other information from a template.
- Launch any application or open a file or folder with a predefined window state: minimized, maximized, etc.
- Open a specific web page.
- Instantly create an e-mail message in the default e-mail client.
- Perform various actions on the active window: close; minimize; maximize; restore; hide; show; redraw; move; resize, as well as minimize and maximize all windows at the same time.
- Control your computer's power (shut down, restart, sleep, hibernate, log out), your monitor's power (disable, enable, sleep) and launch the screensaver. You can also modify your sound and volume settings (enable, disable, volume up, volume down).
The software also enables you to turn virtually any key or mouse button into a user-defined modifier and use it (similar to Alt and Ctrl) in combination with other keys, mouse buttons and modifiers.