The ASUS Update is a utility that allows you to save, manage, and update the motherboard BIOS in Windows® environment. The ASUS Update utility allows you to:
# Save the current BIOS file
# Download the latest BIOS file from the Internet
# Update the BIOS from an updated BIOS file
# Update the BIOS directly from the Internet, and
# View the BIOS version information.
Installing ASUS Update
1. Download latest ASUS Update utility or place the support CD in the optical drive. The Driver menu will appear.
2. Click the Utilities tab, then click Install ASUS Update VX.XX.XX. (eg. V6.07.01)
3. The ASUS Update utility is copied to your system.
Quit all Windows applications before you update the BIOS using this utility.
This utility is available in the Support CD that came with the motherboard package. ASUS Update requires an Internet connection either through a network or an Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Rules for Safe BIOS update:
1. For safety reasons, always use the most updated BIOS utility!
2. Do not overclock the system/CPU during BIOS update!
3. Load "Setup Default" in BIOS menu before BIOS Update.
4. Make sure you have "Administator" privilege on your Windows system (WinNT4/2000/XP).
5. Close all application programs under Windows.
6. Disable any existing Anti-Virus applications in the system.
7. Reboot the PC after the BIOS update is complete.
8. Switch on the PC and load "Setup Default" in BIOS again.