With ArtRage you can paint with oils, sketch with pencils, sprinkle sparkling glitter and much more. Stencils and rulers let you create precise shapes or smooth curves and straight lines freehand. Tracing and Reference images let you load photos to recreate as paintings either by eye or by letting ArtRage select colors for you as you paint. For professional users, ArtRage offers Layers, Layer Groups and Layer Blend Modes compatible with the PSD file format.
Best of all, ArtRage doesn't force you to learn complex tool settings, it lets you get right down to painting with tools you already know how to use.
Each of the tools in ArtRage is designed to work like its real world counterpart (minus the smell of paint thinners, and that piece of glitter you just can™t get out of the carpet).
Thick paint smears and blends, pencils and chalks smudge, and markers work just like they do in the real world. Many of the tools can be adjusted to give different effects. You can paint with thinned oils, use wet or dry markers, soften your pencil and control the hardness of the crayon, and much more.
Stencils and Rulers.
Stencils and rulers let you make precise shapes and lines while still painting freehand.
Place down as many stencils as you like, then paint over them and the paint will only touch the canvas through the holes.
Lay down rulers and have the brush stick to their edges to create straight lines or smooth curves with any of the ArtRage tools.
By turning on the Metallic Paint option, you can work with spreadable, blendable gold and silver oil paints, sparkling glitter, silver leaf sprays and more. Any of the ArtRage tools can be switched to Metallic mode for a wide range of different effects.
Metallic paint still blends with normal paint, and smears and smudges just as easily. Thin metal coating can be applied to any texture using the airbrush, or you can build up thick metal lumps using the Tube tool and Oil Brush to add more depth to your metallic image.
Tracing Images and References.
ArtRage makes it easy to recreate photos or other images using its paint tools. When you load a Tracing Image the original is projected on to your canvas so that you can use it as a guide while you sketch and paint.
Better still, you can tell ArtRage to choose the correct colour for you, so that when you start to paint you know the colour you™re getting is the right one for where you™re painting in the image.
For users who just want a reference while painting, you can pin an image to your canvas and scale, rotate and position it as required.
- Layers: Paint on transparent layers to build up more complex images without the paint blending with your underlying work. The texture of the underlying paint will still show through, as if it were dry on your canvas. ArtRage also provides full support for all 23 Photoshop layer blend modes.
- PSD Support: Import and export PSD files, with their layers intact.
- Custom Colours: Load and save custom colour set and colour pickers to fine tune your colour work.
- Crop & Resize: Crop and resize your paintings during work.
- Simple, Intuitive Interface: The ArtRage interface is easy to understand and doesn™t get in the way of your work. In fact, it even gets out of the way while you™re painting...
- Customisable Canvases: Change the grain, colour, and even metallic nature of your canvas at any time during your work.
- Canvas Positioning: Move, Scale, and Rotate the canvas to your preferred angle.
- Tablet Support: ArtRage uses your tablet™s pressure and tilt support where available.
- Tool Cursors: Every tool has a cursor that tells you exactly how big the tool head is, to make it easier to see what™s going to be applied.
- Multi-Monitor Support: ArtRage supports multi-monitor systems.