AKVIS Sketch is photo to sketch conversion software. It turns photos into pencil sketches and watercolor paintings. AKVIS Sketch lets you create realistic color and B&W drawings, it imitates the technique of graphite and color pencil, charcoal and watercolor painting.
The program is available in two versions: as an independent program (standalone) and as a plugin to a photo editor. AKVIS Sketch has a neat interface with a few sliders. At first you can process the image with the default settings and then touch up the photo adding color, or trying different techniques - from pencil to charcoal or watercolor. You can make the hatching denser or finer and change the pitch angle of strokes, or add/remove the original colors.
You will be delighted by the neat result of the photo to sketch conversion. Using the program can be a lot of fun. Make a pencil portrait as a gift for your relatives and friends, a watercolor drawing obtained from your last nature shooting can decorate your room, or you can convert any photo to an original drawing to print on a T-Shirt. The program helps you when you need to quickly bring images to one style for a website or an advertisement booklet.
AKVIS Sketch comes very close to the hand-drawn works of a human artist. On the whole it's a wonderful tool for those who have always wanted to draw but didn't know how.
Changelog for this release:
- Added new "Artistic" style of photo-to-sketch conversion. Standard processing from the previous versions is called now the "Classic" style.
- Added 26 presets to the new style and the preview images for the old and new AKVIS presets.
- Renamed the "Size" parameter (in "Classic" style) - to "Stroke Thickness".
- Stopped support for the "old algorithm" used in versions 1-8.6 (it was available until now, in versions 9-12 - by activating that option in the program preferences), as well as the presets made with the old algorithm.
- The presets created in versions 9-12 using the "new algorithm" will be transfer in version 13.
- Added the popup dialog for the tools' options (before the parameters of the tools were available in the Settings Panel).
- Added the possibility to hide/show the Control Panel.
- Added the new color scheme of the Hints Panel.
- Improved RAW processing (loading the RAW images): added support for Sony cameras (SLT-A35, SLT-A65V, NEX-5N), fixed color processing, added support for DNG files.
- Updated the Preferences dialog window: added the "Lock the Control Panel" check-box and the options of displaying the Hints Panel, removed the "Use old Sketch Algorithm" check-box.
- Updated both dialogs for Import/Export presets.
- Improved compatibility with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Improved the Pastel preset in Classic style.
- Fixed bugs.
RAM 512; Intel Pentium 3+; /G3+; res1024+
10 day evaluation period.