Advanced Renamer Overview
Advanced Renamer is freeware program for renaming multiple files or folders at once. It can use several different methods for calculating the new name including multimedia tools for sound and picture files.
Advanced Renamer makes it easy to set up an advanced batch job using multiple methods on a large amount of files. The eight different methods make it possible for you to change the names, attributes and timestamps of files in one go.
With Advanced Renamer you can construct new file names by adding, removing, replacing, changing case, or giving the file a brand new name based on known information about the file.
This program is a great utility for organising digital pictures for both professionals and beginners. The thumbnail mode lets you display thumbnails directly in the file list giving you maximum control of the renaming process. With this program you can rename all your photos in a snap.
MP3 files often have messed up names and contain weird characters. With Advanced Renamer you can change the names of your favourite music files to more suitable names using the built-in ID3 functions.
Real time preview of file rename
Image renaming with EXIF support
Supports both files and folders
Several renaming methods
Use multiple methods at once
New Name with Tags
Remove / Delete
Add / Insert
Changelog for this release:
- Settings: Add Advanced Renamer program path to Environment Path. For use with the arenc.exe console runner
- Console runner: Added switch (-s) for performing batch on items in subfolders
- Put descriptions in the title area of methods
- Handle negative numbers option added to renumbering method in relative number mode
- List method will no longer produce an error for all the lines when one of the lines contains an invalid tag
- Clean up of handling extension rename