Want to free up space and reduce clutter on your disks?
AcuteFinder will help you to find duplicate files on your system and delete them. It's simple, easy, and safe to use, and costs as little as $14 to buy.
AcuteFinder not only takes into account items like file name, size or timestamp, but reads through possible duplicates and calculates their checksums. This way, it is guaranteed that the files are really identical, and you can delete the extra copies with full confidence.
AcuteFinder can find files that have different names, like "my.doc" and "Copy of my.doc". Basically, if files are of the same size and have the same checksum, they are considered identical. AcuteFinder uses by default CRC32, a 32-bit checksum, but you can choose to use MD5 hash (128-bit) as a final step in file comparison for even more accuracy.
Easy to use
Using AcuteFinder is easy — you just have to:
* Define search criteria and press the Start-button
* Review the list of found files, and mark those you want to delete/move
* Delete or move those files!
That's all there is to it. You can select one or many files at a time, using the Windows conventional method of holding the Ctrl or Shift-keys while clicking with the mouse.
Alternatively, you can select all files listed using Ctrl-A and press Delete for fast cleanup of duplicate files. AcuteFinder by default retains at least one file from each set of duplicates, so you can rest assured that one copy will remain. See our Flash-demo on how easy it is to use AcuteFinder (800 kb).
AcuteFinder helps you to keep your drives well organized. It will pinpoint duplicated files and allow you to delete them, resulting in:
* Less clutter
* More free disk space
* Faster virus scans
* Faster spyware scans
* Faster file searches and indexing
* Faster backups, using less media
* Less confusion!
Why use AcuteFinder?
AcuteFinder can help you to reclaim disk space wasted by all the extra copies of files, which is especially important on "limited" resources, like laptops and memory disks. Even though disk space gets cheaper every day, you need to keep your files well organized. Otherwise you will sooner or later, simply fill your disks with clutter.
Also, file sizes tend to increase with all the fancy multimedia presentations, music files, digital pictures, and so on. It can be VERY difficult to determine if such files are really identical, without a comparison tool like AcuteFinder.
AcuteFinder has many features, that make the task of finding and removing duplicated files easier than ever:
* Simple and easy to use interface
* Search Wizard for an easy start
* Many top-level folders or drives can be specified for each search
* Fast searching, especially when working with huge files
* Safe comparison of files using CRC32 and MD5 checksums
* Option to cache file CRC's for faster repeated scans
* Option to ignore file size and CRC during search (e.g. for name only duplicates)
* Option to search in ZIP-archives
* Multiple file masks can be specified with descriptive comment,
e.g. "Image files (*.bmp;*.jpg;*.gif)"
* Quick selection of common file groups, like documents and music
* By default, at least one instance of each file will be left intact, even though you select all files in a set to be deleted
* Option to protect files found in specific search folders from deletion
* Supports all drive types: Hard disks, network, WebFolders, floppies, USB, NAS, JAZ, ZIP, CD/DVD, and memory disks
* Detailed, color-coded list of found files (path, name, type, date/time, size on disk etc.) making full use of big monitors
* Easy selection of files to work on, using checkboxes, pop-up menu and keyboard shortcuts
* Many operations on list of found files (delete, move, view, rename etc.)
* Built-in file viewer for automatic viewing of images and text
* You can sort the list in various ways
* Print the list as formatted web page via browser
* Export the list to delimited text, web-page, XML-document or create batch files
* Option to log all activity to a text file
* It offers many settings, to suit your taste
* Tool to find empty files and folders and remove them
* Tool to calculate or verify checksum for any file (CRC32, MD5 or SHA-1)
* A detailed help file with keyword index, plus browsable Online help
* Printable user-manual, more than 60 pages in full-color
* FREE lifetime e-mail support for all registered users
64 MB RAM, 5 MB disk space