Component value calculations for the 555 take into account the supply voltage and timer fabrication (CMOS or Bipolar).
Features include 555 timer synopsis, 22 timer design wizards, counter wizards, output circuitry examples, voltage reference design, "best pair" resistor substitution, and logic families reference.
* 555 timer synopsis - includes pin functions, fabrication differences, component selection
* 22 timer design wizards - 14 for the astable mode, 8 for the monostable mode
* input circuits - for gating an astable or triggering a monostable. Input categories are switch, touch plate, continuity, liquid level, AC detect, light, sound, and temperature.
* counter wizards - facilitate divide by/count to strategies using common binary and decade counters
* output circuits - that can be activated by the 555 timer. Includes switching loads, driving motors, driving LEDs, lamps, numeric and bar graph displays, and audio, ultrasound and RF outputs
* general - voltage reference design, "best pair" resistor substitution, logic families reference, IC pin outs for all ICs used in 555 Timer PRO EX
* PDF file output - create complete projects by writing all project circuit blocks to one convenient PDF file
555 Timer PRO and 555 Timer PRO EX (extended) are combined in the same demo download. Simply toggle between modes to view the features of each. Most resistor values are masked in the demo; some circuits are electronically blurred; some menu items are disabled.