Speed Reading, Assessment and Online Reader Software. AceReader Pro is 3 tools in one: (1) It is a training tool that will help you become a more proficient reader both online and offline. Learn to Speed Read. (2) It can be used to assess and track your reading level. (3) It can also be used as an online reading tool to help you read more efficiently while online.
Utilizes Tachistoscope Technology to pace your reading. Designed for all ages. Assess and Improve your reading skills with Comprehension Tests, Drills, Games and Courses for grades 1-12 plus adults.
Drills will automatically adjust training speed relative to personal reading ability. Test results are logged and graphed for accountability. With the Online Reader (Expert Mode) you can rapidly read and skim text from web pages and other sources in RSVP mode. In RSVP mode the words come to your eyes instead of your eyes going to the words. Many features and options: font, background color, mode (Center Text or Eye Trainer Scroll), number of words or lines per flash, column width, delays (if certain punctuation or long words are found), set burst reading lengths, speeds (word or character based), read timer/alarm, search-n-read, bookmarks. Very customizable: Customize your own hotkeys, create your own preset option settings, and create custom Drills with the Drill Editor.
Includes Startup Wizard Screen and online Help. VERSION INFORMATION: 4 versions of this product are available: (1) AceReader Pro (single user home edition), (2) AceReader Pro Deluxe (multi-user/family edition) and (3) AceReader Pro Deluxe Plus (stand-alone school edition) and AceReader Pro Deluxe Network (network school edition).
Changelog for this release:
- Major overhaul of base test set. Stories are longer and we added more questions and choices to the tests. Levels 3 to 13 now have 8 questions per story instead of 4.
- Existing 490 Drills now allow you to train with clipboard text when you access the drills from the Menu Mode. You were always able to train with your own material using the Expert Mode, but now you have easy access to train with material that you may need to read anyway with the existing drills. When you select a Drill from the Menu Mode, you will now see an option to use text from the clipboard.
- Going back to the story while taking quizzes is now an option that you can turn on or off. Some people like being able to go back and forth between the story and quiz since it simulates a real world quiz. Other people like to have that option turned off which forces you to remember what you read the first time you read it. To handle both cases, we now added this as an Administration option.
- We modified the formula for the “Triple Speed” courses and drills (available in Deluxe editions) so that they end by pacing you at 1.5 times your base reading speed instead of 1.2 times your base reading speed.
- Many other minor enhancements have gone into this release.