K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of VFW/ACM codecs, DirectShow filters and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your audio and movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
- It it always very up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
- All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
- It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
- The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to only install those components that you really want.
- For some formats a choice can be made during installation between different filters. This allows you to tweak the pack to your own specific needs and preferences.
- Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
- It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
- It has been very well tested. The pack doesn\'t contain any conflicting or buggy codecs.
- It tries to avoid potential conflicts with other codecs already installed on your computer.
- The pack is able to detect broken codecs and filters on your system, and helps you to remove them.
- It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
- This pack has a huge user base. This means that problems are found and resolved quickly.
- There are different packages. From small to extra-large.
- The pack is suitable for both novice and expert users.
Changelog for this release:
- Updated Media Player Classic Home Cinema to version 22.214.171.12405
- Updated ffdshow to version 1.2.4497
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.54.1-68-ge480b02
- Updated madVR to version 0.85.7
- Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 5.5.0
- Updated Icaros to version 2.1.2
* Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
* Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
* Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function