RoSoftDownload Editor's Review :
From the beginning we must state that this is a must-have software. Whether you are in need for a simple pdf reader or for a tool that will provide you advanced editing possibilities, Adobe Reader is probably the best solution.
In the newest version, the producer has added the possibility of playing back embedded multimedia files in MP3, QuickTime, Macromedia Flash, Real Player, and Windows Media formats. The interface is slightly improved compared to the previous versions. Anyway, we strongly suggest you to install this program, as it is a great tool for viewing and editing text, images etc
From Adobe Systems Inc.
Adobe Reader offers:
Maximize your screen real estate. Reader has a completely redesigned interface, new tools, and a host of new options for viewing information more efficiently.
Access to an online, real-time meeting in seconds.
Reader is now integrated with Adobe Connect software, which enables users to instantly communicate and accelerate approvals with virtually anyone, anywhere, at any time.
Protection of your workflows and transactions.
Add more security to your documents, forms, and drawings with digital signatures. Leverage Adobe LiveCycle Policy Server and the new Adobe Online Services Document Center with Reader to enforce access rights at the document level.
Adobe PDF is the global standard for trusted distribution and viewing of information. Adobe Reader is the only free software to allow you to more securely collaborate using PDF documents. Create your own PDF files. Use Reader with Adobe Acrobat software or the Create Adobe PDF Online web-hosted service to confidently create professional-looking PDF documents that can be shared with friends, family, colleagues, partners, customers, and suppliers. Use Reader to help control confidential information, share files, control deployments, and simplify integration and hosting.
Enhance interaction with PDF Portfolios.
PDF Portfolios provide easier navigation when you work with multiple PDF documents and other document types. Portfolios also enable you to work with a collection of materials such as drawings, e-mail messages, spreadsheets, and videos as a single file, which makes distribution, storage, retrieval, and collaboration easy for end users.
Adobe® Reader® software is the global standard for electronic document sharing. It is the only PDF viewer that can open and interact with all PDF documents. Use Adobe Reader to view, search, digitally sign, verify, print, and collaborate on Adobe PDF files.
Deploy, maintain, and support Adobe Reader across your organization. Corporations, government agencies, and educational institutions can distribute Adobe Reader internally on an intranet site or local network.
Adobe Reader software is available for distribution through physical media: CD, DVD, or bundled with computers. Adobe Reader Enterprise Edition has been developed for easy deployment.
Interested in developing a plug-in for Adobe Reader? The freely distributed Adobe Reader is widely available; more than 500 million copies have been distributed worldwide since 1993. To build a Reader plug-in, you must first apply for an Integration Key License Agreement.
From Reader 9, you can go directly into Acrobat.com, an exciting new set of online services from Adobe, to perform common tasks, such as:
* Create up to five Adobe PDF files
* Share and store documents on the web
* Create and collaborate on a document in Adobe Buzzword
* Easily share your screen using Adobe ConnectNow
You can also help colleagues, clients, and partners get on the same page at the same time with the ability to conavigate documents. Simply use Acrobat.com services to enable collaboration on a PDF file, and then distribute the PDF file and walk recipients through it in real time by controlling their page view.
As an added convenience, Acrobat.com leverages Adobe AIR, so you can interact with Acrobat.com from your desktop as well. Acrobat.com on Adobe AIR is a small application that is included with your download of Adobe Reader 9.
Changelog for this release:
- Use the Optimize for Web and Mobile guided Action to enhance PDF reading experiences for connected people on the go
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft PowerPoint files and update text, tables, objects, and master layouts with ease
- Edit PDF documents intuitively. Easily modify text or images, or reflow paragraphs on a page with a simple click and drag
- Find and replace text throughout your PDF file in just one step
- Create new PDF or web forms in minutes with the included FormsCentral desktop app
- View real-time results, displayed in easy-to-understand tables and charts, in the FormsCentral desktop app§
- Get PDF documents signed by others. Use the Adobe EchoSign service to request signatures and track status online
- Add edit and copy restrictions to your PDFs quickly when working in Acrobat or popular Microsoft Office applications
- Create and send interactive PDF files from popular Microsoft Office applications or web browsers using the Acrobat task ribbon
- Standardize routine, multistep PDF creation tasks using automated or guided Actions, working with a single file or batches of files
- Convert PDF files to fully editable Microsoft Word or Excel files, or copy and paste selected parts
- Turn PDF files into single or multiple HTML web pages, complete with editable style elements for quick reformatting
- Organize multiple documents in one PDF file, including spreadsheets, emails, scanned documents, websites, and photos
- Combine a wide range of content types into a polished PDF Portfolio.
- Sign a PDF file by typing or drawing your name, inserting an image of your signature, or adding a certificate signature
- Standardize routine, multistep tasks with guided or automated Actions
- Create and validate conformance with ISO 32000 PDF standards and convert existing PDFs to ISO-compliant formats
- Enhance PDFs for accessibility. Check, verify, and adjust documents that need to meet WCAG 2.0 and PDF/UA standards
- Help safeguard systems and data with robust application security, including sandboxing technology
- Customize application features and settings with free tools such as the Customization Wizard and the Enterprise Toolkit
- Easily deploy your software and update computers with support for Microsoft SCCM/SCUP and Apple Remote Desktop
- Deliver Acrobat and Reader as centrally managed, touch-friendly, virtual applications with support for Citrix XenApp